Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Dan Henderson Explains Why Herb Dean Made Right Call to End Fight

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  demoman993 
#1 ·
#3 ·
This is why I dislike Fedor and his fans. They have an excuse for everything recently. First it's Werdum got lucky, second it was Fedor would have KO'd Silva in the 3rd round (Even though he was completely dominated for 2 rounds). Now it is the fight was stopped too early and it should be a DQ. I am sorry but Fedor is just overrated and has been for quite some time. I mean honestly he should have walked through Henderson if he was the GOAT..... Henderson is a true MW. I don't even know if Fedor is in the top 10 at HW anymore.

#7 ·
I agree with you that it was probably just emotion and adrenaline. And, Fedor was probably completely done before those two punches landed. The problem is that because of those two illegal shots, we don't know if Fedor was completely done or not.

How many fights have we seen lately where a fighter lands a perfect hook that clips the back of the head and drops the fighter, practically out cold, simply because of the placement? Because we know that shots to the back of the head can seriously mess with your equilibrium and consciousness, there is a problem when a rocked/dropped fighter is finished with illegal shots to the back of the head.

#8 ·
I agree. At the same time though, it looks like the shot to the back of the head actually woke Fedor up. I've seen that many times before. Flash KO and the next shot or the ground wakes the person up. Kinda hard to tell now. Doesn't really matter what "could have been." It was a good stoppage.

#10 ·
I would have liked to see some footage of Emelianenko shortly after the stoppage and how wobbly he really was. I couldn't tell whether it was an early stoppage or not. At first I thought it was early, but in the replay I thought it was maybe ok. He clearly face planted, but so did Diaz in the Daley fight, just to return split seconds afterwards. Emelianenko also turned around split seconds and started to defend himself. Footage of him standing up could tell better if he recovered or not.

#12 ·
It was Fujita that rocked Fedor just to clarify for one of the recent posters.

This debate is quite silly and can never end. To me, he was out when he hit the floor. I would have loved to see Herb let them go a little longer and see how things went but as soon as those 2 blows to the back of the head landed (incidental) there was no way that he was going to get out of that anyways imo.​

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.