MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Fedor Emelianenko Says Fight Was Stopped Early, Non-Committal on Future

View Single Post

Old 07-31-2011, 04:08 PM   #20 (permalink)
Soakked
Welterweight

Soakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By All
I dunno, I'm usually a big herb fan but this call was questionable. Fedor did go down for a moment and was definitely dazed but he recovered right before herb intervened. Not trying to make excuses here, Dan got a good one on him, but he himself was in trouble seconds before. Fedor dropped Dan went in for some ground and pound Dan recovered, reversed and threw the uppercut that was a beauty. That gif doesn't show the whole picture IMO. For that you have to see the last 10 secs of the fight.

BTW with the exception of the knockdown, I had Dan winning the fight up until then. Fedor should take retirement into consideration, he has done enough for the sport and will always be a legend.
"Let them see that their words can cut you, and you'll never be free of the mockery. If they want to give you a name, take it, make it your own. Then they can't hurt you with it anymore." - Tyrion Lannister
Soakked is offline   Reply With Quote