MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Strikeforce Pick 'em: Fedor vs Henderson

View Single Post

Old 07-31-2011, 09:12 PM   #86 (permalink)
Ape City
It's a league game, Smokey

Ape City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Charm View Post
Ape city- We had a close one amigo

My two biggest fights that I 'thought' were locks I got wrong. I won lots of $$ with my buddies.

Coenen surprised me... She usually starts slow but getting subbed took me by surprise.

The Fedor fight.... i'm just upset, but also feel great for Hendo. Both warriors from PRIDE days. I thought Fedor was going to end Hendo, then Dan somehow grabbed a leg in the scramble and sent a nasty uppercut.

I'm not going to debate the subject of an early stoppage, watching it live looked like a travesty, but then re-watched a few times... still questionable but it's all good. Last big few shots definitely hit the back of Fedor's head.

I was definitely happy with this card overall.
Ya close fight man! Grats on the win!

I agree a few of the "locks" in my head ended up being losses. I was actually pretty confident in Green for some reason.

I don't really watch women's mma outside of SF so I usually end up going off odds, weigh ins, talk on this forum etc.

My biggest regret is the Fedor fight. I had a sneaky suspicion that Hendo might pull off the H-bomb but I have to admit I caved to the odds makers and my hope that Fedor could pull it off.

I do agree about the stoppage; watching it live I was screaming foul. I thought it was hella early. After watching it in slow motion many times I'm not sure it was anything less than perfect. Dan was landing huge bombs (didn't notice of they were illegal or not) and the chance of Fedor recovering from that position seemed slim to nill.

Anyways great fight man.

To the rest of you....whatcha backs!