MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - IFL hates ground work.

View Single Post

Old 03-28-2007, 10:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
IronMan
True Grappler

IronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A Baller
The IFL wants to see fights get finished (mostly because that gets the most attention and they need the attention), but they only have 4 minute rounds, so the fighters have to be going the whole fight.

Frankly, the fighters in the IFL are not very good on the ground anyway, with a few exceptions.

When they have fighters like Joe Doerksen, who is a fantastic ground fighter, he keeps moving on the ground. He's always striking and working actively for position. If he is still in guard while striking they don't stand him up. I'm okay with that.

I know what you are talking about, when they look like they are just sitting and pretty much any avid MMA fan knows that they are working for position. The IFL doesn't want to see guys layngay for a round.

Have they stood a few fights up too quickly? Yes.

Is there a reason for it? Sure.

Should they stop doing it? I think so, I just hope the refs in the IFL think so.

Sig by Toxic

Barnett - Toquinho -Werdum - "Nurmie"
Z. Gurgel - Morango - Rocha - Tiequan
IronMan is offline   Reply With Quote