Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

UFC 133: Vitor Belfort vs Yoshihiro Akiyama

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  OHKO 
#1 ·
#5 ·
I don't see Belfort knocking Akiyama out, since Akiyama has an iron chin. He also has decent power, so I wouldn't be surprised if he managed to rock Belfort once and swarm on him to a TKO victory. Akiyama is definitely worth a small bet here with this odds...

#7 ·
I'm putting a small bet on Akiyama because I want him to win and we don't know what Vitor is going to look like after being brutally KOed for the first time and we know Akiyama can eat fists all day long. It is really hard to take Akiyama down also so even though Vitor could probably dominate him from the top I don't see the fight going there.

#10 ·
Ouuuuch...

Round 1 - The fighters collide with low kicks and reset. Belfort just misses with a head kick. Akiyama paws the jab. Neither wants to engage. Belfort breaks the stalemat with a lunging left, and Akiyama seems to slip on a wet spot on the cage. They reset. Akiyama just misses with a front kick to the head, and Belfort tahs Akiyama with a punch and then unloads a swarm of punches. Akiyama is briefly back up but knocked right back down. Belfort unloads a dizzying barrage that brings about the stoppage as Akiyama remains face first in the canvas.
Vitor Belfort def. Yoshihiro Akiyama via TKO (strikes) - Round 1, 1:52
http://mmajunkie.com/news/24704/ufc-133-play-by-play-and-live-results.mma

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.