MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Currently Reading?

View Single Post

Old 08-02-2011, 11:18 PM   #468 (permalink)
K R Y

K R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The Forum
Just finished 'A Dance with Dragons'. The fifth book in the Song of Ice and Fire series (Game of Thrones).

I've waited about 4 years for this book, and whilst it was an absolutely fantastic read, I feel we're no further along in the main plot than we were 2 books ago. Feast for Crows and Dance with Dragons run parrallel in the timeline, but in nearly 2000 pages we're really not that further along than the ending of Storm of Swords. DWD felt like it was only there to get a few characters closer to each other, a couple of cliffhangers and to open up even more plot lines.

How he's ever going to tie all the lose ends up in the next two books is beyond me. I look forward to it though. Yay another 5 year wait for a book.

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
K R Y is offline   Reply With Quote