MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - The official Rusty CJ5 build thread

View Single Post

Old 08-03-2011, 09:04 AM   #31 (permalink)
Toxic

Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Toxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among Men
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyRenegade View Post
Called the Novak place I got the transmission from for directions on installation and found out they put the wrong adapter on it. It wouldn't be so bad but the main shaft that holds all the bearings is different as well. So, I'll be shipping it back to them to put the correct shaft in and adapter on.

Really getting pissed off at those guys. The only bright spot will be the amount of shipping they will have paid when this is all sorted out. It'll end up at over $700 if nothing else goes wrong.

Not much else to report. Bought a water pump and ordered an HEI distributor. Bout $200 for the pair. Plan to get back on it tomorrow night.
Man that tranny shit would be a piss off, can't imagine how pissed I would be, reminds me of the time I ordereed a Crappy tire rebuilt engine and waited a month to get it got it all installed and the motor had a knock. OMFG I was livid especially considering that Canadian Tire wanted to ship that engine back before sending a new one out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyRenegade View Post
Ya, I'm not doing any bodywork. Don't have the parience for it. I'm gonna take all the good stuff off the white one and put it on the red one than repaint it white.

Here's a cool pic.

In this one you can see the bumper in the back of the jeep. The frame was so rusted that when someone tried to pull me backwards it pulled the frame apart at the shackles.

While trying to get unstuck I was shifting a little too aggressively and pulled the shifter up out of the tranny

For the record, I was high centered not stuck and I am definitely not the skanky, scrawny dude on the right.
I wouldn't bother with body work its a 4x4 the uglier the better. I had a F-350 with a 9 inch lift on it and 39 inch tires. Problem was the truck was my transportation and was worth to much so then you don't torture it the same way. I used to have a 83 Chev half ton with a hockey puck body lift and 27 inch mud tires that I put through way more hell then that F-350. Why cause it was ugly and I could wreck it and not feel bad.

"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Rafael Silva*Zach Makovsky*Michael Page

Toxic is offline   Reply With Quote