MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Luger's Training program

View Single Post

Old 08-13-2011, 07:01 PM   #138 (permalink)
luger0
Flyweight

luger0 is a glorious beacon of lightluger0 is a glorious beacon of lightluger0 is a glorious beacon of lightluger0 is a glorious beacon of lightluger0 is a glorious beacon of lightluger0 is a glorious beacon of lightluger0 is a glorious beacon of lightluger0 is a glorious beacon of lightluger0 is a glorious beacon of lightluger0 is a glorious beacon of lightluger0 is a glorious beacon of light
Today was a semi productive day I think.

I spent about an hour assembling a charcoal smoker so I could smoke some pork loin for meals for the coming week.

As the smoker was curing I was doing katas for the karate,

When I started the drills it was 95 degrees out and I went shirtless.

I Have a large backyard, so I started off with getting into the stance left hand high right hand chambered and walked through the lead left to lead right leg 10 times down and back.

After that I worked on a 1-2 reverse punch kata drill where I did 5 sets of 100.

I worked on knees in the thai clinch, no power only technique 5 sets of 50 per leg.

After this I did a 1-2 left & right hook drill 5 sets of 100 combos of this.

The one thing I didn't work on was the power elbows.

After finishing the combo drills I worked for a very short while on the bag throwing right roundhouses. I was able to throw with heavy power for about 15 strikes then the shin started to throb...so I'm making painfully slow progress on returning to full contact kicking.

Throughout life there are bumps along the way some may be painful...others not...who gives a damn in the end you'll still die
luger0 is offline   Reply With Quote