MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - See Kimbo Slice's boxing match against James Wade?

View Single Post

Old 08-14-2011, 06:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
HaVoK
Bantamweight

HaVoK is on another level nowHaVoK is on another level nowHaVoK is on another level nowHaVoK is on another level nowHaVoK is on another level nowHaVoK is on another level nowHaVoK is on another level nowHaVoK is on another level nowHaVoK is on another level nowHaVoK is on another level nowHaVoK is on another level now
I harbor no ill-will towards Kimbo and I wish him success, but putting him in there with this opponent proves nothing. Kimbo has received some of the best training a fighter can get, has a massive team around him, and has fought in the UFC. This was an obvious gimme fight so what's the point? Oh...Money, that's right.

Put him in there with a guy who at the very least had a decent amateur background.

Of course having said that, the American HW scene is dreadful at the moment. To the point where Antonio Tarver is seeking the HW title just to add some excitement to the division. One thing Kimbo will definitely do, is bring excitement. And in Boxing his team can get away with fighting overmatched opponents for a longer period of time. Something that is not easily done in MMA. I. The process he will make a ton of money. But his opponents won't. They will be lucky to make an 8th of his purse.

Time will tell.
HaVoK is offline   Reply With Quote