MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - The official Rusty CJ5 build thread

View Single Post

Old 08-16-2011, 09:38 PM   #38 (permalink)
Rusty
Gone Hunting

Rusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings System
Sorry if anyone was looking for an update. I should have done it the other night but have run into some snags and frustration more than anything has kept me from it.

Basically the engine is completely together other than the alternator bracket. I was just going to use the ones I had off the 304 because the 304 is the same size as the 360 and I assumed they would be the same...wrong.

A battery won't last long enough to break in the motor and I need to figure out the bracketry sometime anyway so the engine is at a stand still.

I've been in contact with a salvage yard I deal with but the one person that works there that I trust has been sick. It's funny because Mandy is the only girl there and she's head and shoulders above the dudes as far as knowledge goes.

I'll have her find me all the brackets for a 360 so it's done right. I would rig up something but if you're even the slightest bit off you can spend days replacing belts that have been thrown off and ruined, and end up doing it right in the end anyway.

Right about now I'm cursing AMC for not using the same stuff because there's a large group of people going wheeling in a couple weeks and I'd like to show them up in the worst way. They drive new Wranglers, Toyota crap, Rhinos, etc.

Hiopefully I can get it sorted out soon and be out there kicking ass and talking smack

Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote