MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - What Are You Doing Right Now!!!?

View Single Post

Old 08-24-2011, 02:58 AM   #14452 (permalink)
xeberus
The Forum Drunk

xeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by John8204 View Post
I didn't abuse it or take it illegally, I was part of the first generation of teenagers to placed on in in the mid/late 90's. I had to fight my parents and the doctors to take me off of it.
Well.. Ish

The forms of adderall that were available back then were a lot different than they are today. We take higher doses today but its released a lot slower. If you take a lot more than the recommended amounts thats the feeling you get. Anywhere within the normal range should not make you feel depressed or bad at all, in fact thats a big reason for dependency, it makes you feel good/confident/outgoing. But taking to much can make you feel anxiety, like you've drank to much coffee and you're on edge, sweaty, restless etc.

Alas im getting off topic, adderall should not make you depressed. In fact its been used to aid anti-depressant medications or even treat depression. And has significantly less chance to cause increased depression than any anti-depressant on the market. That being said it can make you depressed. Adderall also induces reduced appetite and can cause sleeplessness and insomnia. Those two potential side effects both can cause depression, hopelessness, anxiety etc but its still along the lines of drinking to much coffee.

Also a good measuring stick to if you are/were taking to much is if you experience a sense of euphoria 15 to 30minutes after taking your medication.

If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Sig by D.P.