MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Does God Exist? Christian vs Atheist debate

View Single Post

Old 08-24-2011, 11:40 AM   #8 (permalink)
Dr Gonzo
Number 1 Nerf-Herder

Dr Gonzo Is Destined For GreatnessDr Gonzo Is Destined For GreatnessDr Gonzo Is Destined For GreatnessDr Gonzo Is Destined For GreatnessDr Gonzo Is Destined For GreatnessDr Gonzo Is Destined For GreatnessDr Gonzo Is Destined For GreatnessDr Gonzo Is Destined For GreatnessDr Gonzo Is Destined For GreatnessDr Gonzo Is Destined For GreatnessDr Gonzo Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
Doesnt science tell us that the universe is so unfathomably big, that there is likelyhood of just about anything existing out there. They talk about alternate realities, with multiple versions of each of us doing everything possible.

With this in mind, I dont see how anybody can discount the existence of a being out there, that is so monumentally ahead of humans in terms of evolution and technology, that they would indeed seem like gods.

And I know there is the argument that "they" or "it" would have shown itself by now, but consider this: If you have a glass tank in your bedroom, filled with soil housing an ant colony, no matter what you do, they can not see you. They are oblivious. Even if you stick your hand in and smash the place up, it is still well beyond the realms of their understanding to process the reality of what's going on. Maybe these beings are controlling our lives and planet in the same way? I dont see why not? It cant be disproved, no matter.

So, Science, rather then debunk gods existence, may actually make a case for it. If the universe is so infinitely large, then we must be like amoeba to some of the beings or life out there. Beings that may well be capable of creating planets and life, right?

But personally, I dont believe in the big bang. Nor do I believe in god. The only think I believe with all my heart is that human existence and all we perceive is exclusive to us. Hence our god complex. We create it simply by being. If we all disappear, the the version of the universe that humans can see, hear, taste etc, also disappears. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Thats my personal feelings.
Interesting point. One I haven't considered. My view is the last thing the men behind the curtain want is a conscious informed public capable of critical thinking. Which is why a continually fraudulent zeitgeist is output via religion, the mass media, and the educational system. They seek to keep you in a distracted, naive bubble. And they are doing a damn good job of it. Christianity, along with all other theistic belief systems, is the fraud of the age. It serves to detach the species from the natural world, and likewise, each other. It supports blind submission to authority.

George Carlin put it well.

Quote:
Think about it! Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time! - But He *loves* you."
Our true divinity is in our ability to create. And armed with the understanding of the symbiotic connections of life, while being guided by the emergent nature of reality, there is nothing we cannot do or accomplish.

I used to be Tyson Fury but now I'm not.