MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - swpthleg's training log

View Single Post

Old 08-29-2011, 05:47 PM   #290 (permalink)
swpthleg
Curitiba Food and Liquor

swpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings System
Mon 8-30: I got flower sweep, butterfly sweep, and magic hands choke. I think the arc of my sweeping arm and foot are going to be hard to remember. Butterfly sweep felt like it would be easier to intuit. Magic hands was fairly technical and I wondered if guys yank on each others' waistbands brutally on purpose to crush the other guy's nuts. No cardio apart from dog walk and clearing brush/throwing big branches around. My instructor said I had strong legs. I was so psyched.
Tue: 3 mile run, 15 min bike.
Wed: 3.5 mile run, 15 min bike. I got interrupted halfway through, but it was worthwhile b/c my younger daughter wanted to go for a run with her little friends, so I took her her running shoes.
Thur: AM was BJJ all of a sudden with no prior notification, but I'll take it. We worked a reversal from quarter guard, two sweeps from a turtled opponent's back, and a few other things. After class a blue belt from a program at Mercyhurst in Erie, PA showed us a nice counter to a triangle, which I'll detail later. Judo at 6. I finally got the OK from my sensei to test for green belt Sep. 17. I'm excited and nervous as shit.
Fri: 30 min stepmill, 20 min jump rope with two other women that I know. That was the most fun I've had jumping rope in months.
Didn't work out Sat, Sun or yesterday, and drank. Bad bad bad. I'll get it all back together this week.

Sig Credit to Toxic

Last edited by swpthleg : 09-06-2011 at 11:22 AM.
swpthleg is offline   Reply With Quote