MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - do i have to be tall to be good at striking?

View Single Post

Old 03-30-2007, 01:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
brief
Flyweight

brief will become famous soon enoughbrief will become famous soon enoughbrief will become famous soon enoughbrief will become famous soon enoughbrief will become famous soon enoughbrief will become famous soon enoughbrief will become famous soon enoughbrief will become famous soon enoughbrief will become famous soon enoughbrief will become famous soon enoughbrief will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodknuck
i guess i can see that happening..
id' like to get into small(er) shows like that to get more experience, unfortunately i live in canada, city of kamloops..so it might be hard for me to reach my aspirations.
do u guys have any ideas of what i can do?
Train hard, then go on a road trip, go to some gyms in bigger towns. See if you can catch somebody's interest. Be prepared to fight, or at least train with anybody you can. Remember lots of head movement with a taller fighter. Look at Tyson when he was young. He tore up taller guys. Unlike boxing, when you get inside, you can hold and hit. Long arms are a disadvantage inside, they need punching room. Move around alot to get in then your shorter arms have the advantage. Getting in is footwork.
brief is offline   Reply With Quote