MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Is it really practical to swing my hips when doing a roundhouse kick?

View Single Post

Old 08-30-2011, 04:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
ViKtoricus
MMA Fanatic

ViKtoricus will become famous soon enoughViKtoricus will become famous soon enoughViKtoricus will become famous soon enoughViKtoricus will become famous soon enoughViKtoricus will become famous soon enoughViKtoricus will become famous soon enoughViKtoricus will become famous soon enoughViKtoricus will become famous soon enoughViKtoricus will become famous soon enoughViKtoricus will become famous soon enoughViKtoricus will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelfighter View Post
No, the basics are the foundation, they must be flawless. Think of it the same way you would think of lifting.

The depth, and body mechanics of a squat must be perfect for one to recieve the fullest benefits. Anything less than perfect mechanics can lead to serious injury. Or in the case of MMA, a knockout loss.
Don't ever compare weightlifting to MMA. MMA is like powerlifting. They are underground sports that will never make it to the Olympics.

It is undeniable that a former Olympic Weightlifter who at least maintains his level of power and strength will have a much MUCH more powerful roundhouse kick than a "Muay Thai/K-1/UFC champion" who's been training for decades (granted of course, the Olympic Weightlifter at least is capable of delivering a roundhouse kick with optimal technique with full speed).

Like I said, do not ever dare compare MMA to weightlifting. I get offended when people compare inferior sports to a real sport.