MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL***Anderson Silva vs. Yushin Okami Pre/Post Fight

View Single Post

Old 08-30-2011, 06:29 PM   #209 (permalink)
ACTAFOOL
Lightweight

ACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabakill View Post
If his wrestling isn't good why was it stated over and over that it was one of his strengths leading up to the fight, I'm not making anything up. He trained poorly and fought with a terrible gameplan, end of story. He had plenty of time to train his double leg takedowns, and it's almost exclusively what he should have been working on. You can deny it and insult me all you want, I know plenty about how mixed martial arts works and coming up with a good strategy and training in camp to implement it is what makes someone a winner or a loser. Okami trained poorly and had a crap gameplan, he had the physical tools and the time to train well but he didn't. Just because a fighter has fought one way in the past does not mean he is stuck there forever, it's up to the fighter and his trainers to create dynamic strategies. You are talking like no fighter can ever change their style which is 100% pure crap.
you have to remember the mental side of MMA, wich is a very important part, sure okami could have had a similar gameplan to sonnen, but it was obvious that he wouldnt be able to use it

the fight went down exactly how I and many others on this forum said it would, okami was too slow, he always starts slow, hes very methodical AND his TDs are from the clinch, jon fitch style, not double legs like sonnen or GSP, this meant he had to get in close to anderson to take him down, add in how much faster anderson is than okami it was pretty obvious he wouldnt be able to do what sonnen did, they are 2 completley different fighters (sonnen and okami) apples and oranges

even if he did plan on using the same gameplan as sonnen (wich sonnen probably did tell him to use) once you're in the cage its only natural to go back to your basic skills cuz thats what you know best, and i imagine being in there with anderson silva might want to make you fight the way you're most comfterble and use the skills that brought you to be #1 contender anyway

these things happened many times with guys fighting against GSP also...acutally guys fighting GSP usually do the opposite, they fight in a very different manner that got them there in the 1st place, they usually just stand still lol
ACTAFOOL is offline   Reply With Quote