MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Shane Carwin says Alistair Overeem is close to signing with the UFC.

View Single Post

Old 08-30-2011, 06:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Rauno
HiiiPoWeR

Rauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among Men
Quote:
Originally Posted by box View Post
My problem with Reem, even in K1 is that he stands there like he can absorb anything. It's hurt him in the past, and will definitely hurt him when he fights a legit UFC HW. I see his stock falling quick after a few fights in the UFC. He should be in the UFC though, he'll hang with most, just won't have the Uber ora about him for long.
My problem with him is that in MMA fights, he stands inside the pocket just like in K-1, acting like his wearing those big boxing gloves. At least in the Werdum fight he did. There are a lot of questions to be answered here, his style works perfectly in kickboxing but does it work under MMA rules as well? We shall see.