MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Is it really practical to swing my hips when doing a roundhouse kick?

View Single Post

Old 08-30-2011, 10:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
beardsleybob
Flyweight

beardsleybob is a splendid one to beholdbeardsleybob is a splendid one to beholdbeardsleybob is a splendid one to beholdbeardsleybob is a splendid one to beholdbeardsleybob is a splendid one to beholdbeardsleybob is a splendid one to beholdbeardsleybob is a splendid one to beholdbeardsleybob is a splendid one to beholdbeardsleybob is a splendid one to beholdbeardsleybob is a splendid one to beholdbeardsleybob is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViKtoricus View Post
Don't ever compare weightlifting to MMA. MMA is like powerlifting. They are underground sports that will never make it to the Olympics.

It is undeniable that a former Olympic Weightlifter who at least maintains his level of power and strength will have a much MUCH more powerful roundhouse kick than a "Muay Thai/K-1/UFC champion" who's been training for decades (granted of course, the Olympic Weightlifter at least is capable of delivering a roundhouse kick with optimal technique with full speed).

Like I said, do not ever dare compare MMA to weightlifting. I get offended when people compare inferior sports to a real sport.
You do realise that optimal technique actually involves turning your hips?
beardsleybob is offline   Reply With Quote