MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Does God Exist? Christian vs Atheist debate

View Single Post

Old 08-31-2011, 09:27 AM   #23 (permalink)
Voiceless
Middleweight

Voiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
Yes. But, as I pointed out in my earlier first post, evidence suggests a universe so unfathomably large that the possibilities are endless. With this in mind, how can anybody be sure that the Earth and humans on it is anything more than a fishtank for some other beings?
The thing is: scientists don't. They don't claim to know what's "outside" the universe. But out of repeatable observations they have evidence that the laws of physics work the same way here on Earth as they do a hundred thousand light-years away. So at least scientists get a pretty good idea of what's going on in the fish tank, while religion rely their "truth" on a book written by humans a some thousand years ago with no repeatable evidence.

Quote:
Evidence suggests there is in all likelyhood creatures/beings/life out there that is technologically vastly more evolved and advanced then human beings.
What evidence┐

Quote:
These lifeforms could be capable of anything, including creating other life. And yet science will never concede this. that we might be but the simplest of amoebas in comparison to whats out there.

So, I still feel Science is as blind as religion. By its own admission, the vastness of whats out there is incomprehendable. Therefore, science needs to also accept that there are forces out there that are also incomprehendable/unimaginable.
Science does accept that it knows and sees only little of what is there. It only tries to see a little more step by step while religion claims to have "the truth(TM)". Big difference in my book.