MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Does God Exist? Christian vs Atheist debate

View Single Post

Old 08-31-2011, 10:44 AM   #27 (permalink)
Soojooko
of Nazareth

Soojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voiceless View Post
He is right. There is no evidence, there is only a theoretical possibility. That's a difference.

Also, we may have evolved from caveman to homo sapiens internetensis in 10.000 years, which indeed is but a pure fragment of time in universal standards, but we needed 4,6 Billion years to transform from atomic matter to organic acid molecules to living cells and from there evolve to cavemen. That's about a third of the Universe's age.

It is indeed possible that there is life out there so much evolved that we cannot significantly interact with it, like amoeba have a hard time interacting with humans, BUT that's still in no way comparable to a deity as proclaimed by the religions. Also, if there is a higher evolved life form, it is questionable whether it is worship worthy knowing that it keeps us only in a test tube.
Aside from the evolutionary progress of us vs other life...

I agree that any advanced life out there is not comparable to man-made images of some kind of god. I'm 100% with you. For me, there is no possibility of the version of god worshipped in organized religion actually existing. It's a man made concept. That much is clear. But theres no smoke without fire, and I'm willing to believe the human race may have had interactions with advanced life somewhere in history. Interactions that have been lost in time and replaced with the modern religious rubbish we have to put up with today. NOT saying these things have happened, but I'm open to the suggestion. Chinese whispers can end up a big old mess over thousands of years!