MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Does God Exist? Christian vs Atheist debate

View Single Post

Old 08-31-2011, 11:11 AM   #29 (permalink)
Soojooko
of Nazareth

Soojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbrokenshieldx View Post
I think we share some similar views. But, and correct me if I am wrong, you seem to argue that there could not be a chicken without an egg. Put differently, we had to have come from somewhere, because it is illogical to believe that life just happened. For you, we came from some other life forms in the universe. The question then is, where did those life forms come from? Other higher life forms somewhere else in the universe?

It really doesn't fit within our mental capacity to believe that life can come from nothing. Realize, of course, that the process is much slower and complex than most people imagine. However, there have been some studies that have shown that simple life can be formed when combining some gases, water, and electrical activity into a space (which is what nearly all scientists believe the Earth was like when the first forms of life appeared on this planet). Those smaller life forms then evolved, some actually attached to each other in a symbiotic relationship, and eventually they began to form the more complex multi-cell organisms that became the even more complex multi-cell organisms, that became....
sorry friend... you misunderstand. I absolutely dont believe that we had to come from somewhere. I'm willing to believe that its a possibility. Just as I'm willing to believe that we have zero connection to anything greater then us. My main point is that the universe is huuuge and filled with lots of elements we don't understand. For example, apparently, Dark matter affects light and gravity, and yet science still looks through its telescopes and draws conclusions as to the age of the universe by looking at star positions, light spectrum composition and trajectories. But I say, if "dark matter" is out there, distorting light and gravity, then anything we observe from earth could be completely distorted also, right? So, then how do we know anything about shit thats light years away? Big bang? Beginnings? Endings?? Its all speculative nonsense. I am just as likely to believe in a white bearded man floating in the cosmos, as I am regards some of the stuff Science tells us about the deep universe. Both are ridiculous to me.