MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - The official Rusty CJ5 build thread

View Single Post

Old 09-02-2011, 01:28 PM   #45 (permalink)
Rusty
Gone Hunting

Rusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings System
It's similar to a popular chevrolet cam but I can't remember the specs off hand. It's a split duration with a little more on the exhaust side. Not too much lift, .488 I believe. It seems like the duration is 208 or 210 @50 thousandths but I'm not sure. I just texted my buddy for the part number. I'll get some exact specs up soon.

I did mess with it some last night. Jeff thought he'd found the charging problem but he didn't. I changed the alternator back to the new one and it's still only showing 13 volts. I've got a small oil leak at the front of the pan that will have to be dealt with but if it's only leaking a half quart or so when I go out I won't be too hurt.

We were ringing on it quite a bit too and the coupler failed again. This time it blew the lower hose completely off and cracked the coupler almost in half spraying my buddy with coolant this time. Got quite the lol when he started running

It's running really well though. Idles great at about 700 rpm, no dead spots, and seems to pull up to 5200rpm or so. I think it'll work out well.

I'm emailing a pic of my blister and the cracked coupler and will post them along with the cam specs here in a few.

Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote