MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Striking while moving backwards

View Single Post

Old 09-02-2011, 05:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Squirrelfighter
Squirrel Fighting Champ

Squirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound Great

3:00 mark

To my knowledge only two people have ever executed it properly. And Ali is the only one to ever talk about the use of it. I can't find any videos or descriptions of exercises to perfect the technique.

My suggestion would be to perform the techique slowly, and repeatedly one step at a time. Start with the footwork, then the footwork and the body movement, then the footwork, body movement, head movement, then finish it off by actually throwing the punch at the end. Do it slowly over and over again, until you can get the motion down.

Once the motion makes sense, start to slowly amp up the speed.

Sig courtesy of that photo-matic magician limba

Quote:
I went out the way that I fight. I went out on my shield. Thatís it. Done. --Chuck Liddell
Quote:
My goal is to end my opponent --Carlos Condit
Squirrelfighter is offline   Reply With Quote