MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Final Fantasy discussion thread

View Single Post

Old 09-04-2011, 05:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
M.C
Master Elodin

M.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the system
Glad to see another FF fan on the board.

The reason why I have FF8 at the lowest, is for the following reason:

1. Draw system was horrible in my opinion. I had no joy in drawing magic, it felt boring/repetitive and didn't add anything to the series. Probably the single worst magic system I've seen in an RPG.

2. Multiple character stories. When playing an RPG (or any game), I like to play 1 main character. Switching between characters/stories always turns me away from the game (one of the reasons I don't like FF13 as well).

3. The story seemed a little bland to me compared to other FF games. Squall was a pretty boring character, but the rest of the characters were fun and good.

The graphics/music were pretty great for the time, but graphics/music just don't compensate for the, in my opinion, horrible magic system, bland story, bad main character and multi-character story.

All of the above is just my opinion, of course.

“Anna, my strong, terrifying Anna.” -Cas
"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me" -Elodin
M.C is offline   Reply With Quote