MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Cormier telling the realest thing about MMA

View Single Post

Old 09-04-2011, 02:55 PM   #33 (permalink)
Squirrelfighter
Squirrel Fighting Champ

Squirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
The takedown definitely should count for something. Its an extremely demanding physical motion, it takes all kinds of different muscles and nerves firing just the right way, at just the right intensly.

But top control is what is overrated. The guard position (on the top or the bottom) should not be considered dominant. What one does in the guard is what matters. The difference would be Jones vs Guida. The guard itself, which is where most grinders win, should be considered a neutral. EFFECTIVE STRIKING in the guard should gain points, as well as any position, side control, half guard, etc, should gain favor with the judges.

TDD isn't the problem. Overrating the guard is the problem with grappling in MMA.

Sig courtesy of that photo-matic magician limba

Quote:
I went out the way that I fight. I went out on my shield. Thatís it. Done. --Chuck Liddell
Quote:
My goal is to end my opponent --Carlos Condit
Squirrelfighter is offline   Reply With Quote