MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - The official Rusty CJ5 build thread

View Single Post

Old 09-04-2011, 08:01 PM   #50 (permalink)
Rusty
Gone Hunting

Rusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings System
Pulled the white jeep into the shop to take the transfer case out today.

Got the case out but it took longer than expected because one of the u joint strap bolts was rounded off. Cut it off with a die grinder.

There sits the best transfer case ever put in a CJ. One cool thing is that the 1980 version is the shortest by three inches. It should help me with driveline angles and be much more forgiving during install as far as transfer case location.

On a side note, the transmission leaked out what looked like chocolate milk. Glad I'm not using it.

Pushed the jeep back out of the shop to make room to take the engine back off the stand.

Got the engine off with no problems but when I went to put the clutch on my pilot bearing doesn't want to go into the back of the crank all the way.

For ease of installation I want to have the transmission on the engine and put them both in at once. I'm not sure if I was sent the wrong pilot bushing or what but Novak isn't open until Tuesday

It's supposed to be really nice weather wise tomorrow so I'm sure I'll have an update sometime. As always, thanks for reading

Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote