MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - What Are You Doing Right Now!!!?

View Single Post

Old 09-19-2011, 03:51 AM   #15123 (permalink)
John8204
Ultra-weight

John8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC_OWNS View Post
thats a good list, I find it funny how whenever I bring up music and movies aren't shite as to what they used to be(and the simpsons) everyone just says its nostalgia, not true either it's good or it isn't and most of the new stuff isn't whether standards have dropped, ideas have run out or people are just trying to make easy bucks.
Well most art is determined by historical perspective and you don't really know how a film will age until years go by. This was a big problem Stanley Kubrick and Alfred Hitchcock had as many of their films weren't really appreciated in their time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryOnicle View Post
Scream 4 was awesome. Put the other 2 sequels to shame. People think Scream is a serious horror slasher film and judge it as such. It isn't. It takes slasher films as seriously as a clown falling over a midget juggling monkeys.

And to throw 'cartoon movies' into one big genre is silly. There are some absolutely amazing Animated films out there, people just don't appreciate the work that goes into some films.
I have Andrew Stanton (Wall:E, Finding Nemo) and Hayao Miyazaki(Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, Princess Mononoke) for many of those same reasons.