09-19-2011, 11:27 PM
Gabba Gabba Hey
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pensacola, FL
Bellator FC 51: Warren vs Vila
Date: Sep 24, 2011
Location: Canton, Ohio
Venue: Canton Memorial Civic Center
MAIN CARD (MTV2)
* Alexis Vila vs. Joe Warren (bantamweight-tourney opening round)
* Eduardo Dantas vs. Wilson Reis (bantamweight-tourney opening round)
* Luiz Nogueira vs. Ed West (bantamweight-tourney opening round)
* Chase Beebe vs. Marcos Galvao (bantamweight-tourney opening round)
* Jessica Eye vs. Casey Noland
* Frank Caraballo vs. Dustin Kempf
* John Hawk vs. Allan Weickert
* Dane Bonnigson vs. Dan Spohn
* Farkhad Sharipov vs. TBA
* Joey Holt vs. Clint Musser
The home of the Pro Football Hall of Fame also will play host to next month's Bellator 51 event.
Officials today announced that the Sept. 24 event will take place at Canton Memorial Civic Center in Canton, Ohio.
The MTV2-televised event features the opening round of the organization's season-five eight-man bantamweight tournament.
Ohio has hosted just one Bellator event to date: Bellator 5, which took place in 2009 at Dayton's Hara Arena.
Bellator 51's tournament matchups include Alexis Vila (9-0 MMA, 0-0 BFC) vs. Joe Warren (7-1 MMA, 5-0 BFC), Eduardo Dantas (10-2 MMA, 0-0 BFC) vs. Joe Soto (9-1 MMA, 4-1 BFC), Luiz Nogueira (11-1 MMA, 0-0 BFC) vs. Ed West (16-5 MMA, 2-1 BFC), and Chase Beebe (18-7 MMA, 1-0 BFC) vs. Marcos Galvao (9-4-1 MMA, 0-1 BFC). The four fights comprise the night's televised main card.
Preliminary-card fights will be booked in conjunction with the NAAFS, Ohio's biggest MMA promotion.
"Canton is a city that truly appreciates champions," Bellator Chairman and CEO Bjorn Rebney stated. "Growing up a football fan and playing my college football in the great state of Ohio, I can definitely appreciate a football city. It's an honor to bring the fastest-rising sport and world-class fighters to a great city such as Canton."
Canton is located about 25 miles south of Akron.
Nobody F's with the Jesus
(Sig by Killz cause of boatoar)
FFL: Silva, Silva, Nogueira, Nogueira & Franklin