MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Bellator FC 51: Warren vs Vila
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-20-2011, 01:09 PM
mattandbenny
Elusive

Can't wait for this, this weekend is such a good one for MMA - first possibly the first time there's UFC, Strikeforce, Bellator and Dream on the same weekend.

Every fight is so close and could go either way.

Vila-Warren
These are like mirror images of each other, with one a bit younger than the other. Warren's last 3 have all been close - Freire fight was split, Soto destroyed him that first round, and Galvao should have been awarded the decision. I havn't seen much iof Vila, but he's an olympic medalist who is 9-0 and never been to a decision. I just think the edge will be the cardio of Warren - i can see Vila getting success early on by Warren fighting back to get a decision. Warren Unanimous Decision

Dantas-Reis
Mr semi-final meets the prospect Dantas. Dantas is a beast, only dude he's lost to is Ueda, i really rate him. I like Reis too, and wouldn't be too suprised if he won a decision using his top control, but i think Dantas is just the better quality fighter, and think he'll win the decision. Dantas Unanimous Decision

Nogueira-West
Another really good fight which could go either way. I actually like West to get the upset here though. Nogeuria is a great prospect like Dantas, but West is a guy i like, he has good submissions and good wrestling, and i can see him holding Nogueira downj for much of the 3 rounds to get a decision. West Unanimous Decision

Galvao v Beebe
I've never really been impressed with Galvao except his 'loss' against Warren, where he looked great. Beebe is a confidence fighter - when he's on a roll he's hard to stop. He is now - having won 7 of 8, so i fully expect him to finish Galvao within the distance. Beebe 1st round Submission

FORMER UFC CPL CHAMPION

CPL RECORD: 5-3

Events Attended: UFC 120, CWFC 45, CWFC 52

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome