MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Rampage vs Jon Jones PRO's PICKS ft. Rashad Evans, Vitor Belfort, Shogun, Tito, Mir

View Single Post

Old 09-20-2011, 07:37 PM   #12 (permalink)
Steroid Steve
Flyweight

Steroid Steve is a glorious beacon of lightSteroid Steve is a glorious beacon of lightSteroid Steve is a glorious beacon of lightSteroid Steve is a glorious beacon of lightSteroid Steve is a glorious beacon of lightSteroid Steve is a glorious beacon of lightSteroid Steve is a glorious beacon of lightSteroid Steve is a glorious beacon of lightSteroid Steve is a glorious beacon of lightSteroid Steve is a glorious beacon of lightSteroid Steve is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdtcpl View Post
He actually seems to prefer the Grecco type throw rather than the traditional double/single leg. This is one of the reasons the clinch game will be interesting, especially since they both like it in different spots. Rampage (like Couture) likes the clinch up against the cage where he can work short uppercuts and punches along with knees to the upper thighs/lower midsection area. JBJ likes to clinch more towards the middle where he has space to setup a throw into half/side guard. Rampage is strong, but is JBJ stronger? And what about technique? Much like Karo Parisyan's judo throws, JBJ's Grecco tosses are hard to defend against because they don't focus solely on strength but a combination of strength, speed, and technique.

Wow, that was longer than I meant. Anyways, I think where the clinch takes place is just as important as who initiates the clinch in this fight.

With all that said, I believe JBJ will toss around Rampage and punish him on the ground should it go there.
Good post...

I think it should also be noted that Rampage has subpar clinch defense at best.
Steroid Steve is offline   Reply With Quote