MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Bellator FC 51: Ed West vs Luiz Nogueira

View Single Post

Old 09-24-2011, 09:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
dudeabides
Gabba Gabba Hey

dudeabides Is Untouchabledudeabides Is Untouchabledudeabides Is Untouchabledudeabides Is Untouchabledudeabides Is Untouchabledudeabides Is Untouchabledudeabides Is Untouchabledudeabides Is Untouchabledudeabides Is Untouchabledudeabides Is Untouchabledudeabides Is Untouchable
Quote:
Luis Alberto Nogueira vs. Ed West

Round one: West comes out kicking. Nogueira comes in and lands a quick combo. West is mainly throwing kicks so far. Nogueira lands a great left, they clinch, and West gets a takedown. Nogueira is keeping him tied up though, not allowing West to work. West manages a little gnp but Nogueira is holding him pretty effectively. They stand up, and Nogueira lands a great left hook followed by a body shot. Nogueira clinches and lands several ugly knees. And the round ends. I give it to Nogueira for better striking, and for West not doing anything with his takedown. 10-9.

Round two: Nogueira being a little more agressive this time around. West clinches up, but Nogueira gets several knees and body shots in before they separate. West is throwing some good looking kicks but there's not much behind them. He then makes me a liar with a good solid leg kick. They clinch, and Nogueira has West against the cage. They separate, then Nogueira gets West down and is landing solid body shots. Back on their feet. Nogueira is landing some good punches, then they clinch on the cage again. Nogueira channels his inner Leben and is breaking out the foot stomps. West is trying to get out of the clinch, but Nogueira keeps him pushed into the cage. West gets away, and lands a jumping knee that doesn't seem to do much damage, but it's a flashy way to end the round. Again, I'm going 10-9 Nogueira.

Round three: West comes out kicking again. They trade some good punches, but Nogueira is moving forward more. West lands a good body kick, then Nogueira comes in with a knee that misses and they clinch on the cage. They trade knees as Nogueira keeps West pushed into the fence. They separate, and West is trying to land kicks but is spending a lot of time backing up. Nogueira is landing some solid shots but West is landing more. West lands a good head kick, then gets Nogueira on the cage. Nogueira is trying to get a takedown. West goes for a kimura but Nogueira rolls out. Nogueira lands a great left, West answers with a great shot of his own. End of the fight. West took the last round in my book, but I give the fight to Nogueira 29-28.

Ed West def. Luis Alberto Nogueira via unanimous decision
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/9/24...ay-and-results

FFL: Silva, Silva, Nogueira, Nogueira... Franklin.
dudeabides is offline   Reply With Quote