MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Why was Jason Thacker on TUF 1?

View Single Post

Old 10-05-2011, 02:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
HexRei
I Finish Threads

HexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm724 View Post
Yeah, Joey Scarola was Matt Serra's "prodigy" from season 4 (I think?). He ended up totally embarassing Serra by pussing out in his first fight. He was a pretty-boy BJJ black belt, but was apparently too scared to get hit. It's been a while, but I think that's right. Anybody else remember Joey Scarola? I only remember his last name because I called him Joey Scarotum...
Yeah IIRC Serra told him he was kicking him out of his school on season 4 lol.

In response to the original post, Thacker was there because TUF was a new show and they hadn't figured the format out yet. Now they have an established methodology for tryouts, then they make guys fight to get into the house, and the whole reason for that is to weed out guys like Thacker.