MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - nateberry1 Training Log

View Single Post

Old 10-09-2011, 04:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
nateberry1
MMA Fanatic

nateberry1 has a spectacular aura aboutnateberry1 has a spectacular aura aboutnateberry1 has a spectacular aura aboutnateberry1 has a spectacular aura aboutnateberry1 has a spectacular aura aboutnateberry1 has a spectacular aura aboutnateberry1 has a spectacular aura aboutnateberry1 has a spectacular aura aboutnateberry1 has a spectacular aura aboutnateberry1 has a spectacular aura aboutnateberry1 has a spectacular aura about
First Muay Thai Class

I figured I would post what I did in my first Muay Thai trial class.

I had wanted to start MMA for a long time so last week I finally signed up for a free trial class at my local gym and joined a basic Muay Thai class.

We warmed up with 3 min jump rope, 20 seconds of stretching (they said 20 I think it was more along the lines of 45 seconds) and then we repeated that once, followed by 2 rounds of shawdow boxing. Since it was my first time me and the coach along with a couple other beginners went over the footwork during the first round.

Following the warm up we went over teeps. The two defensive teeps and the offensive teep. It took awhile to get used to the motions and the balancing but once I got the hang of it it was awesome. After learning one we would join with our sparring partner and spar for 2 rounds each practicing what we had learned. I must say sparring with a guy that weighs ~50lbs more then you is a bit different.

Teeps Learned:
-Basic Teep
-Hopping Teep
-Offensive Back Leg Teep
nateberry1 is offline   Reply With Quote