MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Advice Please

Thread: Advice Please
View Single Post

Old 10-11-2011, 12:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
MMAcase
MMA Fanatic

MMAcase has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Advice Please

Hey people here it is , I have been training BJJ for about 6 months now and I just now started reading Eddie Bravo's Rubber Guard book. Ever since I first began training I would always ask what the gi grips would translate to no-gi and would focus and apply more of the techniques that would work for both gi/no-gi to my game since we don't really learn much no-gi stuff. Now that I've done my research on the Rubber Guard and Eddie's Lockdown from the half-guard I really want to take it to the mats at my school, but no one in my school I have seen use it even 1 time and same with the lockdown to whip up. They seem like very useful techniques that can be applied to MMA especially Rubber Guard because the % chance of you being hit are much much slimmer than with regular or open guard if you know what your doing, and thats exactly what I want to practice , So here's the question;

Do you think my instructor could take it as disrespect or get angry because I'm using techniques he didn't teach me ?
Should I stick to the things he is teaching me or try what I want ? opinions please

Last edited by MMAcase : 10-11-2011 at 12:15 PM.
MMAcase is offline   Reply With Quote