Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

TUF 14 Discussion

26K views 299 replies 71 participants last post by  Leed 
#1 ·
It's that time again! You may have read that Season 14 will be the last season of TUF on Spike. That happens to be true, but that doesn't mean we're going to take our foot off the gas for a minute. With 32 hungry fighters walking in the door and the intensity of coaches Michael Bisping and Jason "Mayhem" Miller, you can bet that we're going to go out with a bang.
The fourteenth season of TUF kicks off with a two-hour premiere on September 21 at 9/8c, and it's going to blow the roof off the joint.

Having said that, it's time to meet the 32 men who will vie to become The Ultimate Fighter.

BANTAMWEIGHTS

John Albert
Fighting out of: Puyallup, Washington/ Victory Athletics
Record: 6-1-0

Johnny Bedford
Fighting out of: Watuga, TX / F3 Alliance
Record: 17-9-1

Carson Beebe
Fighting out of: Western Springs, IL / Gilbert Grappling

Roland Delorme
Fighting out of: Winnipeg, Manitoba / Winnipeg Academy of MMA

TJ Dillashaw
Fighting out of: Sacramento, CA / Team Alpha Male
Record: 4-0-0

John Dodson
Fighting out of: Albuquerque, NM / Jacksons Mixed Martial Arts
Record: 11-5-0

Casey Dyer
Fighting out of: New Castle, IN / No Affiliation

BJ Ferguson
Fighting out of: Louisville, KY / All-American MMA
Record: 6-2-0

Josh Ferguson
Fighting out of: Louisville, KY / All-American MMA
Record: 7-3-0

Louis Gaudinot
Fighting out of: Yonkers, New York / Team Tiger Schulmann
Record: 5-1-0

Matt Jaggers
Fighting out of: Connersville, IN / Team Wolfpack
Record: 20-7-0

Tateki Matsuda
Fighting out of: Boston, MA / Team Sityodtong
Record: 6-2-0

Paul McVeigh
Fighting out of: Glasgow, Scotland / Dinky Ninjas
Record: 18-6-0

Brandon Merkt
Fighting out of: New Richmond, WI / The Academy
Record: 11-0-0

Dustin Pague
Fighting out of: Centreville, VA / MASE MMA
Record: 9-4-0

Orville Smith
Fighting out of: Indianapolis, IN / Integrated Fighting
Record: 11-3-0

FEATHERWEIGHTS

Stephen Bass
Fighting out of: Savannah, GA / Lloyd Irvin MMA
Record: 10-0-0

Dennis Bermudez
Fighting out of: Massapequa, NY/ Long Island MMA
Record: 7-2-0

Diego Brandao
Fighting out of: Albuquerque, NM / Jacksons Mixed Martial Arts
Record: 13-7-0

Marcus Brimage
Fighting out of: Coconut Creek, FL / American Top Team
Record: 3-1-0

Bryan Caraway
Fighting out of: Sacramento, CA / Team Alpha Male
Record: 15-5-0

Josh Clopton
Fighting out of: San Franciso, CA / Skrap Pack
Record: 4-0-1

Akira Corassani
Fighting out of: Gothenburg, Sweden / Team Kaobon
Record: 9-3-0

Karesten Lenjoint
Fighting out of: Nottingham, UK / Wolfslair Academy
Record: 7-1-0

Eric Marriott
Fighting out of: Independence, MO / Grindhouse MMA
Record: 20-5-0

Micah Miller
Fighting out of: Coconut Creek, FL / American Top Team
Record: 17-4-0

Dustin Neace
Fighting out of: Granite City, IL / Hit Squad
Record: 22-17-1

Jesse Newell
Fighting out of: Ventura, CA / Knuckleheadz Boxing

Brian Pearman
Fighting out of: Springfield, MO / Springfield Fight Club
Record: 7-1-0

Jimmie Rivera
Fighting out of: Elmwood Park, NJ / Team Tiger Schulmann
Record: 8-1-0

Steven Siler
Fighting out of: Ogden, UT / Riven Academy
Record: 18-9-0

Bryson Wailehua-Hansen
Fighting out of: Honolulu, HI / MMA Development
Record: 5-1-0
http://www.ultimatefighter.com/blog/14810/tuf-14-cast-revealed

I'm excited to see what Mayhem has up his sleeve! And you know Bisping will have his share of shit talk! We are just a couple weeks away so lets get started! There are some experienced fighters coming in and some...not so much.

See less See more
#169 · (Edited)
I couldn't care less if Akira tapped or not. Neace got destroyed after that, and if the only way he can win is by a "flash submission", then the better fighter won in my opinion. If he were the better fighter, he could have done it again, or at least have won a decision. Although he didn't, he got dropped and controlled after that. That submission was actually his only moment of fame. Throughout most of the first round up until that point, I remember Akira having the advantage. Then after that, Akira was in full control. Maybe Neace should spend a little less time complaining, and a little bit more time improvising.

I'm not a fan of Neace, he complained over little things before that and his comebacks were unnecessary and ridiculously overboard. He acted like a whining child who had to get the ultimate revenge over his bully. To top it off, Akira didn't even take his hat. No disrespect intended to Neace, but he should have handled things differently.

Neace only has submissions, if he focused all of that energy he has on wrestling or stand up, he might have advanced in the tournament.

Do I think Akira tapped? I don't care, but I'm glad he won.

#171 · (Edited)
At the end of the day, Neace still lost the fight and complaining about that looks like a security blanket for losing. Never mind the 9 minutes where he was almost getting out worked in every aspect of mixed martial arts. He showed a lot of holes in his game. After that moment, Akira probably knew that all he had to worry about were submissions. Once he was careful, Neace never came close. Akira was the better fighter regardless of getting caught in my opinion.

If Neace wants to concentrate on getting potentially robbed of a submission win instead of concentrate on how his holes were clearly shown, that's his decision.

#173 ·
I never said he wasn't getting worked before he sunk in the sub. But the fight should have ended there. But it didn't and Akira won.

Next issue. Akira had Neace hurt pretty bad and couldn't finish. Then acted like a complete tool and almost got suspended. I may not have hated Akira so much if he would not have jumped up like he knew for sure he won.

All in all great episode. It has me reeled in for sure

#175 ·
No doubt, Akira's reaction after winning wasn't very professional. I'm not a fan of either guy, but I want to see the more talented guys move on so we can see just how talented the advancing fighters are. It would have been sort of a shame if Neace moved on and got wrecked by someone in the semi finals that Akira could have potentially beat. I don't want to see any easy fights for any of the fighters.

This season has me reeled in as well.

I don't mind Dodson. I think it's funny how he basically says it's his fault, but then just shrugs it off like it's no big deal. An "Oh well, moving on." type of moment. I found his lack of apathy in his attitude amusing. You can't blame him for not caring that much when you think about it. In the long run, it's about your career, not your team.

#176 ·
You can't blame him for not caring that much when you think about it. In the long run, it's about your career, not your team.
Ignorant statement of the day goes to.... YOU!

So, it's about his CAREER and not his TEAM? Right, so when I wake up each and everyday, my BJJ isn't better, nor is my striking or wrestling. I go to the gym, and my TEAM helps me improve. Last time I checked Dodson is there to IMPROVE HIS CAREER, just like you said. However, if it weren't for his team....?

#179 ·
"Maybe it was a little tap, there, I don't know," Corassani said. "I thought I was going to tap. I was tapping in that moment. I was going to tap in that moment. When I hit him, I hit him once on the thigh, so it was not clear. In that moment, if you look at my heel and not concentrate on my hand, you see that he misses it, and then it comes out."
http://mmajunkie.com/news/25741/tuf-14-cast-member-akira-corassani-if-i-tapped-my-knee-wouldnt-even-be-stable.mma

Huh? :confused02:

#182 ·
truth be told even the fact that akira tapped or not is irrelevant. Neace had that fight won and should never have let off until the re stopped the fight. If he would have kept pressure on the leg he would have won that fight. He screwed up by letting off. He screwed up again by getting too focused on the tapp and didnt keep his head on strait and look stay focused. Had he stayed focused he possibly could have won the second round and took the fight to a third round. The guy screwed up for not keeping focus and lost because of it.

Akira and Bisping are jerks for the after fight.

#185 ·
The way Aldo has looked lately, that doesn't mean too much. Aldo would look good for a round then turn into a zombie that can hardly move his head.

Also it wasn't vert nice of Diego to KO Kenny G so brutally and WTF was with the ref? He pinned Diego to the cage long after the fight was over and was talking in his ear, Diego was just trying to celebrate....

#187 ·
Man Bisping is an ass again. The guy may think he is punking Miller but he is really just rubbing it in the face of a guy who just got knocked out. How would he have felt if Hendo's corner came running over to chase him to the back mockingly after they scraped him off the mat. Asshat. I honestly expected Mayhem to be the more obnoxious guy this season but nope Bisping is still the king of the douchebags.

#193 ·
Michael Bisping... hmm you run your mouth yet you cheated to beat riviera and got tagged by him a bit in that fight and then spit on his corner and yelled at him(not in the cool lesnar way) after the fight. You have one of the most memorable and photoshopped KO losses in MMA history being that Hendo sent your chin into orbit. You lost a fight to Hammil yet they gave you a retarded decision win. You injured Hammil in TUF 3 so you wouldn't have to face him. The best win you have was over Leban when he was on his downward spiral and also abusing drugs. So really what I am saying is that you are a joke and you should your ******* face twat.

#198 · (Edited)
What a f*cking douche that Bisping guy is.
Luckily i hardly understand anything coming out of his mouth.
Subs please.

On a side note, best line of the show so far:

"I wanted this to my life, i don't want to go back to work" - immediately starts crying like a baby.

Just how i feel some days when i wake up, lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.