MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Kindle Fire/Tablets

View Single Post

Old 10-22-2011, 02:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thales
Amateur

Thales is a splendid one to beholdThales is a splendid one to beholdThales is a splendid one to beholdThales is a splendid one to beholdThales is a splendid one to beholdThales is a splendid one to beholdThales is a splendid one to beholdThales is a splendid one to beholdThales is a splendid one to beholdThales is a splendid one to beholdThales is a splendid one to behold
Kindle Fire/Tablets

So I've been kicking around the idea of a tablet for a while but never really liked the idea of dropping $500+ for a lightweight, scaled down laptop. I already have a wicked phone (HTC EVO) and a great Asus laptop.

I couldn't really convince myself that I needed a tablet, until they announced the Kindle Fire. I've already got a student Prime account with Amazon so I'm using Amazon video on my TV, DLing free books through the Android Kindle app, and buy used books on Amazon all the time. The fact that I can get a tablet device for $200 that allows me to bundle all of uses in sold me on getting a tablet. I went ahead and pre-ordered one today after I did some additional research and discovered the large majority of my textbooks can be rented through Kindle's marketplace, onto a Fire for class for a fraction ($47 for rental vs. $480 to purchase) of the cost and no bulky textbooks everywhere.

So, anyone else thinking about getting a Kindle Fire, or already have a tablet they're in love with?

Cormier - Machida - Aldo - Rockhold - Carwin - Griffin - Franklin - Edgar - B. Henderson

ISSA CPT : PM me for nutrition/fitness advice.
Thales is offline   Reply With Quote