MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - no gi instructionals?

View Single Post

Old 10-26-2011, 12:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
mfer
MMA Fanatic

mfer has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan View Post
For beginners, I strongly recommend starting with Submissions 101 on youtube. Ari covers a lot of the basics, for gi and no gi, very accessibly.

That said, I'm one of those people who thinks that it is really important to get actual mat time in with an instructor who can help you with the misconceptions. If that is possible, then I strongly recommend that you find someone with a BJJ bluebelt or higher, who has the requisite knowledge of the techniques, to help walk you through actually practicing them.
I hear submission 101 is ran by a guy whose credentials is questionable. this is why i avoid youtube or unless i know a credible name. which in this case i don't really know what/who to search for. I agree that I should roll with someone of bjj knowledge. I just wanted to view some techniques of guard play. sweeping, escaping.to get a better idea of whats going on and what to look for. thanks for the replies
mfer is offline   Reply With Quote