MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - 10 Most Influential Figures in MMA

View Single Post

Old 04-04-2007, 06:45 PM   #15 (permalink)
Onganju
Outta My Head

Onganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Elemental Warrio
Good points, that what i meant by Martial artists of all centuries, greeks, mix tournaments...etc. However you have to take note that during Lee's time, martial artists were so proud in their own styles that they look down on the others'. So Lee didn't come up with the idea, he helped revive it.
Good to see that someone sees what has been addressed. When it comes to Lee, most Martial Arts enthusiasts are usually too far on the extreme ends of the spectrum when they view his influence. Either they view him as a sham or fake because he became famous through Hollywood/Hong Kong movies, or they view him as the second coming embodied who came down and set all the TMA practitioners free of their styles while completely re-inventing the combat arts as we know it. The truth is that he falls someplace in between.

Queng leon queng tigre ecu tacacut, queca pa? - Pampangan Mandarigma Motto

My Blog <--READ IT!
Onganju is offline   Reply With Quote