MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - 2012 Republican Presidential Nominee

View Single Post

Old 10-31-2011, 05:55 AM   #42 (permalink)
M.C
needs more cowbell

M.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfan View Post
You are correct I am wrong. You have a constitutional right to complain and you have a knack for twisting an argument that must drive your teachers crazy.

I suppose that's a valid way to live your life. I prefer to participate.

I like to get all the perks available from a citizenship that everyone else in the world wishes they had. (ok not everyone)
I don't think it's twisting an argument, It's just a logical fallacy. If you are responsible for something (voters), you shouldn't complain about it, it's your fault. The people who have to suffer the fallout who were not responsible for it (people who don't vote), have a right to complain about your decisions that made the issue. As I said, I don't complain anyways, I'm just pointing out that people who use that argument are using illogical reasoning, nothing else in the entire world works that way (where those responsible can complain, and those not responsible can't), and it doesn't work for politics either.

As for living your life by participating and taking advantage of the citizenship, that's cool, millions of people do, there's nothing "wrong" with it, I just don't see the point and therefore don't want anything to do with it.