MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - What Are You Doing Right Now!!!?

View Single Post

Old 11-04-2011, 04:22 AM   #16563 (permalink)
Soojooko
of Nazareth

Soojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by PheelGoodInc View Post
I really like this site. Sadly some members really do turn me away.

I am a Sonnen fan, but a lot of his trollers really rub me the wrong way.

This whole everyone praise Nick Diaz (the biggest douche bag alive) really doesn't make me want to even look at threads in the UFC section. I thought Ari was dumb for leaving after he won. Now I am starting to slightly see where she was coming from.

Unfortunately I think it will be the members that push me away, not my interest in the sport fading.
You see, this is where I take issue. "Everybody" is a pretty conclusive word. From what I could see, there are people who dislike and like Diaz in equal measure. Same goes for Lesnar. Same goes for Sonnen. etc.

People tend to give far too much weight to the posts they disagree with, and not enough to the ones that do agree. So, in your case, you're left with this feeling that "everybody" is praising Diaz. But they aint bro. Far from it.

Sometimes you need to step back from your personal opinions and actually look at *all* the posts. You soon realise that just as many people agree with you as don't. To leave the forum because not everybody does agree is being a bit knee jerk.

Personally, I like this place a lot. I have NOBODY who lives near me who enjoys MMA. Without this place, I would have NOBODY to discuss it with. Seeing as its my favourite sport, I'm more than happy to take in all opinions. Its far better then no opinions at all.