MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Techniques for Learning to Balance When Doing Roundhouse Kicks?

View Single Post

Old 11-06-2011, 09:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
Squirrelfighter
Squirrel Fighting Champ

Squirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound Great

Use this Yoga position, except don't do that shit with your hands, put them in whatever your guard is. Holding that position for however long you can (even if you have to occasionally grab something to stay up) will help develop the accessory muscles that help you maintain balance.

Beyond that, its about repitition. Throwing hundreds upon hundreds of low kicks is about the only way there is to be good at them. The same for body and high kicks.

Also work on your flexability, if somewhere along the kick one of your muscles/tendons are too stiff or aren't flexible enough yet, it can throw your whole body off balance.

Sig courtesy of that photo-matic magician limba

Quote:
I went out the way that I fight. I went out on my shield. That’s it. Done. --Chuck Liddell
Quote:
My goal is to end my opponent --Carlos Condit
Squirrelfighter is offline   Reply With Quote