MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Skyrim

Thread: Skyrim
View Single Post

Old 11-19-2011, 06:47 AM   #61 (permalink)
M.C
Filthy Casuals

M.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
Why oh why is this game so quirky? Every time I'm getting immersed playing my character, something happens that blows it all and makes me want to kick my xbox.

Last night I snuck up on some Nords sitting around a fire. I worked really hard to avoid contact and get in close enough to snipe them with my arrows. The process took easily 40 minutes. I poisoned my arrow and made a little bit of noise to get the attention of one of the Nords so separate him from his friends. As he was walking back I drew and fired my arrow, and it hits a wall that isnt there. There was absolutley nothing between me and him and yet my arrow bounces off thin air 1 meter in front of me. Of course the Nord heard me, turned around and alerted all of his friends. I was pissed. My last save was 45 minutes ago. I died and had to start again. Needless to say, I wasnt willing to go through the whole stealth thing again, so I ran in there with a couple of swords and did it that way. Rubbish. Thats not how I want to play. The stealth is so shite in this game.

Im tiring of it already. For the first time since release, I'm not interested in booting the game up and playing some more. *sigh*. The quirky shit that hasnt changed a bit from Oblivion is all still there. I hate Bethesda. Arseholes.
I'm the exact opposite, am impressed how polished the game is.

I've ran into only 2 glitches/odd things. One time a quest broke during Bard's college, I had to reload my save and it fixed it. The other time was during a Dark Brotherhood quest, where the entire camera flipped out and starting showing odd shapes and got all weird then fixed itself a few seconds later.

I suppose it's all based around luck until they get some more patches out for it.

As for stealth, I haven't really done it yet, but from this video, it looks very fun (gameplay starts at 45 seconds until the end) there are some spoilers in there, so be warned (nothing story related, just things you might not have done/know about).

"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me"
"You do not know the first note of the music that moves me."
M.C is offline   Reply With Quote