MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Best Workouts for Fighting

View Single Post

Old 04-06-2007, 03:30 AM   #8 (permalink)
americanfighter
MMA Patriot

americanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By All
Heres the aritcal

this is how the artical reads from the mag.
By erik Paulson
"In 1997 I went to teach a seminar in Madison Wisconsin for my friend?student Jhon hinds at his gym, the monky bar. the two day seminar concentrated on valetudo and submission wrestling. the attendees were a mixed crew of JKD, Muay Thai, Bjj and wrestling practitioners. drills techniques tool development counter situations and live go situations pointed out what became a major turning point in my approach to training creating sort specivic exercises to train the athlete not the artist.

I came from the old school mentality that to be good you should mostly train your arts and craft of fighting. who had time to waste on exercises that had nothing to do with fighting. bottom line, how many rounds did you spar today and how many rolls did you get in? when I was competing later in my career, i implemented weight lifting running sprinting swimming rollerblading bag and pad work asike from 2 wirkouts a day for grappling and striking."

CONTINUED ON NEXT POST

Last edited by americanfighter : 04-06-2007 at 04:01 AM.
americanfighter is offline   Reply With Quote