MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - An MMA Fighter's Cookbook?

View Single Post

Old 11-30-2011, 11:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
jswalker
Banned

jswalker has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendrik View Post
I've been looking around a little bit here on the forum and online, and I'm not really finding what I'm looking for. I see lots of discussion on improving diet, protein powders, various shakes, and so on... but has anyone seen fit to create something of an all-in-one source for MMA nutrition and, of particular interest, well designed recipes and meals for a training fighter?

I'm hazarding a guess here in thinking that the number of us who love cooking are outnumbered by those who don't or don't have time for it, but I'm still thinking a resource like this would be hugely helpful for the community at large.

If there is such a resource that I completely missed (as great as this subforum is, there isn't quite a unified presentation of this information), I'd really appreciate a link to it. If there isn't a known compilation of nutrition information and recipes designed for fighters, would such a resource appeal to you?

I make no claims to being a nutritionist, dietitian, or any other such thing, but I'm good with doing research, communicating with people in the know, and putting information together in a presentable fashion. Basically, I'm saying that, if it would be useful, I could begin work on a website with the goal of creating a much-inclusive cookbook and diet guide specifically for fighters.

Thoughts?

Edit: I went ahead and registered FightersCookbook.com. I've gotta map out exactly what I want to do with it and put together a presentation system, but I have it and will make use of it before long. Here's to hoping it's useful for you guys.
I think it's pretty awesome how you're willing to contribute to the MMA community by doing some extra research to develop an MMA cooking plan of your own, with the intent of sharing it afterwards.

Since you're in the process of picking up more material to read-up on regarding MMA cooking plans for real MMA trainers and fighters, I've got just what you're looking for:

http://tinyurl.com/train-like-you-mean-it

I'm thinking about getting it myself since it's got a 2 days a week workout plan, so please let us know how it's working out for you after you've finished reading through the material.
jswalker is offline   Reply With Quote