MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Jon Jones vs Lyoto Machida - UFC Undisputed 3 Prediction

View Single Post

Old 12-07-2011, 12:59 PM   #16 (permalink)
deadmanshand
The Internet Prophet

deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soakked View Post
Sorry Dead you are outnumbered here .
Just not in real life by most gamers as the sales numbers and customers have shown.

Quote:
The game is easy on normal mode without a doubt, you need to put it on hard to gain a challenge. Never made a submission base character (Preferred strikers) so I don't know how easy it was to submit when your sub skills rating are high, but with average skill ratings it sure wasn't that easy. Also as a Kickboxer I worked on my clinch and TDD, both which allowed me to keep things on the feet. Even if it is easy to submit in this game you would have to take me down first ;-). If a sub artist takesdown a Kickboxer he should have all the advantages, just like if a Kickboxer is able to keep it standing he should have the advantage. Just like real life.
I actually played through it on hard after having a couple practice matches. I still subbed everybody in the first round. The Dashing takedown ignores tdd. I literally never had anyone defend it. Not once. And not once did I have anyone escape one of my subs except the one time I accidentally tried a rear naked on the game.

Quote:
I totally disagree with you, movement and striking range was one of it's stronger points.
The movement was awful. How could you say gliding over the ground was a strong point?

Quote:
I played Kickboxer and in no way was it hard to land kicks. It's slower to land than punches obviously because they are more powerful, but all you need is to perfect timing.
I didn't say that they were hard to land. They overly complicated to throw. I had to hold down three buttons and flick the stick to throw a hard leg kick. That seems a bit much for one of the most basic strikes in mma.

Quote:
Not so simple. You have different mechanics that go into it. Possible choices while grappling, block (RT), evade (RT and direction of incoming hit), strike to body, strike to head, advance or prevent advancement (A for advancement, O for prevention I believe), try and stand up or prevent from standing up (Y to stand or O to prevent), and X to try and submit. Also you to press to advance or stand up the opponent can prevent by pressing a button with a certain time frame. If you try block punches being thrown on the ground you are open for subs, if you try and advance to fast your opponent can sweep you. Hardly "press one button" for this and that, it's not that simplistic.
It was all one button. You had one button to advance and another to block it. The block was the same button to get up. The base set up for the game has that one button blocking a pass, blocking a submission, and standing up. No skill required. You could ignore gnp because if you hit the button you stood up or you hit the other button to sweep. That's it. That's pretty simple. Almost as if the people making the game didn't know a damn thing about grappling.

Quote:
16 SPECIAL moves, that is in addition to regular moves. Though you are right on the customization part which was a bit lacking.
A bit? It was awful. 16 moves most of which were useless or so complex as to be nearly impossible to pull off most days. Not to mention the couple that were glitched and wouldn't work pretty much at all.

Quote:
Rating a fighter's skill is a bit arbitrary don't you think because it is based on that person's opinion of the fighter. We can all agree Maia is a top sub artist right? But what exact number would you give in on a scale of 1-100? 85? 91? 97? Or how about rating striking in a fighter like Nick Diaz where you have fanbois that would give him a 99 and haters that would give him a 65? That point is moot IMO.
Yeah but giving someone who's never been submitted or submitted someone a 30 skill in the submission game seems odd for say King Mo. It's a little too arbitrary.

Quote:
I think you played it for 1-3 hours tops after spending a good portion playing Undisputed and didn't like the difference between the two (a guess really so don't take it personal). Both games are good in their own respects. I personally didn't like Undisputed but that doesn't mean that it sucks - maybe it's not my style. It's like those than shat on Modern Warfare and praise Battlefield, whenever you have two different interpretations of the same thing people will disagree and choose one or the other (some enjoy both).
And you would be wrong. I work at a game rental store and I played the game because I get them for free. I played through an entire 50 fight career - on hard - and went undefeated. Every fight was a first round submission except for one of the Vale Tudo fights but only because I wanted to soccer kick my opponent. I was rocked maybe twice. I don't like EA MMA not because it is different than Undisputed but because it is a bad game and the vast majority of the gaming world happens to agree with me on that.