MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Jon Jones vs Lyoto Machida - UFC Undisputed 3 Prediction

View Single Post

Old 12-07-2011, 02:02 PM   #17 (permalink)
Mckeever
Banned

Mckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmanshand View Post
Just not in real life by most gamers as the sales numbers and customers have shown.

I actually played through it on hard after having a couple practice matches. I still subbed everybody in the first round. The Dashing takedown ignores tdd. I literally never had anyone defend it. Not once. And not once did I have anyone escape one of my subs except the one time I accidentally tried a rear naked on the game.

The movement was awful. How could you say gliding over the ground was a strong point?

I didn't say that they were hard to land. They overly complicated to throw. I had to hold down three buttons and flick the stick to throw a hard leg kick. That seems a bit much for one of the most basic strikes in mma.

It was all one button. You had one button to advance and another to block it. The block was the same button to get up. The base set up for the game has that one button blocking a pass, blocking a submission, and standing up. No skill required. You could ignore gnp because if you hit the button you stood up or you hit the other button to sweep. That's it. That's pretty simple. Almost as if the people making the game didn't know a damn thing about grappling.

A bit? It was awful. 16 moves most of which were useless or so complex as to be nearly impossible to pull off most days. Not to mention the couple that were glitched and wouldn't work pretty much at all.

Yeah but giving someone who's never been submitted or submitted someone a 30 skill in the submission game seems odd for say King Mo. It's a little too arbitrary.

And you would be wrong. I work at a game rental store and I played the game because I get them for free. I played through an entire 50 fight career - on hard - and went undefeated. Every fight was a first round submission except for one of the Vale Tudo fights but only because I wanted to soccer kick my opponent. I was rocked maybe twice. I don't like EA MMA not because it is different than Undisputed but because it is a bad game and the vast majority of the gaming world happens to agree with me on that.
You know nothing about video games.
Mckeever is offline   Reply With Quote