MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Unmotivated, no gyms, nothing.

View Single Post

Old 12-13-2011, 12:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lightning
MMA Fanatic

Lightning has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Unmotivated, no gyms, nothing.

Hi. This is my first time on the forum, so I apologize if I posted this thread in the wrong section. I hope to have a great stay here!

My name is Henry, and I am currently 15 years of age. I've always been into martial arts, especially Jiu-Jitsu. I recently gained an interest in MMA this year. I trained at an MMA gym for around 3 months. I stopped training at that gym because I felt very insecure with egotastic practitioners, and the facility was simply too small to train; let alone spar and roll.

I flooded the internet with searches for my nearest BJJ/MMA gym. There was a BJJ gym around 1 hour away from where I live. As my mother has a very busy schedule, and she does not take notice of my interests; I decided to take public transport. I arrive at the BJJ gym and I can promise you it was the best training lesson ever. Everyone was friendly and caring. No ego, fun, training for our own purposes. Pure class.

I had my trial day, and was given information on training fees. I was stunned by how expensive they were, and it was simply too expensive to afford as a teen.
Decided to move onto Judo.
A Judo gym is surprisingly only 15 minutes away from me. I got there, and it was another mcdojo. Kids mucking around in Gi's, no sparring, instructors telling stories about his childhood and bullies. Not what I was looking for.
All the other gyms are up north from where I live which are 1 hour and a half away from me.

I'm so frustrated about how hard it is to find a decent gym over here. Should I take boxing as a starter? There aren't any Muay Thai gyms for me over there either. And I don't want to do TKD because 90% of them are mcdojos and it simply doesn't work in a fight. arghhhhhhh.....

Any suggestions guys? Training fees / money is what stops me from training. Other than that, I am so determined to train as hard as I can.
Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote