MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Bellator season 6
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-15-2011, 08:59 PM
MMA Fanatic
Would you say those are your favorite tournaments?

They look solid to me, but lightweight and featherweight hold the most intrigue, IMO.

All 4 aforementioned divisions possess one fighter who stood out in another major organization, but 155 + 145 both include who look like they could reach that level or beyond in the future, i.e.: Tirloni, Freire, Michel, Bezerra, Spoon, and maybe even Mann and Straus.

The other 3 divisions don't boast as many of those type of guys.

I think 170 is overrated for Bellator. In last season's tournament at that weight, Lima was an elite talent, but he was the only one. I don't think that type of fighter exists among this group, unless Good has improved his sweeps significantly, or Indio is a bit better than even I think he is. People get attracted by the higher percentage of names from the UFC. But I still think it's an underrated division relative to other orgs' because Stinson, Wallhead, and James have done pretty well elsewhere even though they were low level tourney/prelim fodder at an earlier stage of Bellator's development.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome