MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Bellator season 6

View Single Post

Old 12-15-2011, 07:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
FixedPartialArt
MMA Fanatic

FixedPartialArt is just really niceFixedPartialArt is just really niceFixedPartialArt is just really niceFixedPartialArt is just really niceFixedPartialArt is just really niceFixedPartialArt is just really niceFixedPartialArt is just really niceFixedPartialArt is just really niceFixedPartialArt is just really niceFixedPartialArt is just really niceFixedPartialArt is just really nice
Would you say those are your favorite tournaments?

They look solid to me, but lightweight and featherweight hold the most intrigue, IMO.

All 4 aforementioned divisions possess one fighter who stood out in another major organization, but 155 + 145 both include who look like they could reach that level or beyond in the future, i.e.: Tirloni, Freire, Michel, Bezerra, Spoon, and maybe even Mann and Straus.

The other 3 divisions don't boast as many of those type of guys.

I think 170 is overrated for Bellator. In last season's tournament at that weight, Lima was an elite talent, but he was the only one. I don't think that type of fighter exists among this group, unless Good has improved his sweeps significantly, or Indio is a bit better than even I think he is. People get attracted by the higher percentage of names from the UFC. But I still think it's an underrated division relative to other orgs' because Stinson, Wallhead, and James have done pretty well elsewhere even though they were low level tourney/prelim fodder at an earlier stage of Bellator's development.
FixedPartialArt is offline   Reply With Quote