MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Is Machida A Legend?

View Single Post

Old 12-20-2011, 05:45 PM   #28 (permalink)
H33LHooK
Bantamweight

H33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of KnowledgeH33LHooK Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Legendary status is akin to P4P status to me: it's completely subjective.

That being said, there are any number of criteria, in any combination, that can qualify a fighter for legendary status: wins, KO's, subs, marketability, opponents, length of career, personality, etc, etc.

Lyoto, in my opinion, isn't there yet. But he's well on his way. He won a championship; he brought new fans to MMA as he emerged to become the most popular Karate-based MMA fighter; he had a lo-o-ng win streak; he's fought quality guys.

If he can re-invent himself, perhaps at MW, put a win streak together there, and win a belt, he could qualify as legendary in my mind.

H33LHooK is offline   Reply With Quote