MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Is Machida A Legend?

View Single Post

Old 12-21-2011, 02:49 AM   #31 (permalink)
Steroid Steve
Flyweight

Steroid Steve is a glorious beacon of lightSteroid Steve is a glorious beacon of lightSteroid Steve is a glorious beacon of lightSteroid Steve is a glorious beacon of lightSteroid Steve is a glorious beacon of lightSteroid Steve is a glorious beacon of lightSteroid Steve is a glorious beacon of lightSteroid Steve is a glorious beacon of lightSteroid Steve is a glorious beacon of lightSteroid Steve is a glorious beacon of lightSteroid Steve is a glorious beacon of light
I think the word "legend" needs to be redefined.

Personally, I think Machida has beaten and lost to better competition than what Couture had to go through. Couture is more notarized mostly because he's a pioneer of the sport to go along with some nice feats that helped define the sport..

I think if Machida can go down to MW and beat a few of the big names there, he can be a fringe HoFer especially if Silva retires soon. No one will probably ever consider him a legend because he is in the Jon Jones and Silva era, and I believe he would beat Shogun in a rubber match. Machida has only lost a questionable fight to Page, and he lost to a Pride HoFer and a future UFC HoFer. Those aren't bad losses at all in my book.

Last edited by Steroid Steve : 12-21-2011 at 02:53 AM.
Steroid Steve is offline   Reply With Quote